Pages

Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2011

LesbosInTheCar

LesbosOnTheCouch by Beth C, one of the Lesbos

We all give objects human characteristics --- I know that we all do this. And My Love and I are no different…for us, our car is one of those objects and I do declare our car has opinions of its own and maybe its opinion isn't exactly those of My Love and I…
The other day while we were on the way home, we were driving up the winding and curving road to our home, and our car starting beeping. You know that beep. Not the old time beep of the horn, but the beep of beep beep – (meaning beep, something is wrong beep something is wrong, beep, fix me, beep, fix me - Fix me!)
Beep – but there was nothing wrong with the car – The mechanic says it is just an ''electrical issue'. I disagree. I think it is my car making a statement. Why did it choose to make these loud beeps just as we were going up the winding and curving road?
Car dear, we have to talk.
The car ignored me and continued to beep up the road.
Now listen here. My Love and I are not straight.  The car went quiet. There is just nothing straight about us…and you belong to us, you are our car.
The beeping was reduced to one beep every other turn and curve.
We like the curvy twists and turns. We live a winding and curving life. The thing about curves and turns – you cannot see what is coming up next. With the winding and curving road, life is just full of surprises…some good, some not so good. Living the lives we live full of curves and twists seems to give us a hope and a fullness that we lacked before we knew each other – before we had you, dear car.
Our bodies curve and turn. Our bodies twist and turn and bend to meet every challenge life has to offer. My Love and I bend and twist with laughter. Our time together is joyful…and we are who we are and this curviness fills us with laughter and joy.
Face it car, you can't beep at every curve, twist and turn and be our car. We are the LesbosOnTheCouch, and to you, we are the LesbosInTheCar…You are our car. So stop beeping and Get Over It!
Amazingly enough, the car stopped beeping. I guess she gets it. I guess she's happy to. Who knows, maybe she is one of the Lesbos too.

2 comments:

  1. awesome... I love Lesbos on the couch:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so i guess when we drove her, she was just having her moment and being temperamental.

    ReplyDelete