Pages

Translate

Sunday, February 20, 2011

For starters...

How many lesbian blogs do you figure are out there? I'm guessing thousands…so why one more? Call it a leap of faith. Call it a need to be heard and seen. Or just call it plain crazy…
I am no spring chicken. I have lived what I hope is half my life well and fun and meaningful..
Now I am fully interned in my second half of the life I have been given. I am a lesbian. I know that some of you would not consider me a true lesbian- I was married before, to a guy. And the truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter. - to me anyway..and if it matters to you - tell me about it.
I love my wife, my woman, my partner. I love to sit on the couch. I love to write. My partner, out  love for me, sits on the couch.
We are, as most would say- a bit nutty – or nutters. We sing ourselves to sleep through rants of giggles and tears.
Our favorite bedtime song for the first year was, 'Rockin' My Soul in the Bosom of Abraham.' The second year we moved on to 'I Shot the Sheriff.'
We've moved three times in 4 years and our kids – well, that's another topic. Enough to say that one of mine has fled half way around the globe and the other just says that he's an orphan…
Our life together is pretty great. Don't get me wrong. We have our struggles - the Bills (notice, 'Bill'  and remember for later reference...) our jobs, our stuff...but mostly, it's nice here on the couch, in our house...winter rain and fire in the stove. Nice in that Tina Turner kind of way. The noisy and loud kind of crazy, I don't ever quite know what is going to come out of my mouth, kind of nice.. 
If you don't know what I am talking about- then I suggest you stick around. You're in for quite a ride!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new blog my love-my wife my continuous source of ridiculouse stories, thoughts and songs. So glad you started this new blog and I believe it will be a great hit and success, maybe even a full time job. Hugging you on the couch Dawn.

    ReplyDelete