Pages

Translate

Sunday, June 26, 2011

There is nothing straight about me...short and sweet

LesbosOnTheCouch by Beth C, one of the Lesbos

So here we are--- two weeks later…First I'd like to set the record straight…or not straight, really and truly. There is nothing straight about me.
 I've received comments recently regarding other 'lesbian bloggers' who, it seems, are actually men posers…
I know that there is allot of anger towards these men…But I prefer to look at it this way – They are jealous, truly jealous. I mean look at us. We are women, with all of the packaging and we get to be with another woman, also with the packaging…Not that it's just the packaging that we are attracted to – all though let's be real, there is nothing quite as sexy as a woman's body…And they can only want…but never really have what we have…that feeling of a woman to a woman, of a woman with a woman, a woman who loves another woman – she is truly blessed….Blessed with someone who can truly understand and feel…identify with her in a very special way…
I feel blessed, and I don't just mean in the BlesbiFather way…Although in that way too…But more in the Praise the Lord way…The deliriously happy way that you can feel when you know that you are not alone. When you know that you will always have that special someone by your side and in your heart forever.
And I would be remiss if I didn't say, Yeah NEW YORK! My hometown has chosen to recognize this. My hometown has chosen to accept, acknowledge and at least feign belief in the fact that what I have – what we have is real and true.

My son and his partner were here last week for a visit. My son's partner is a woman, a wonderful woman. I realized while they were here that I am again blessed. We all have so many people in our lives who don't take us seriously, who refuse to accept that what we feel is something that is not less then what the regular heterosexual feels and experiences. My son and his partner- there are no questions on their part. They know, they accept, they love us as we are….
And yes, there is nothing straight about me. My thoughts, my actions, my words, my looks – I am round and circular- I do get to the point, but as my readers know –it can take me some time…I believe in us. I believe in women. I know that we are fine and great and have the wherewithal to be terrific and strong and conquer all. My son knows this, so does his partner. They accept us, they love us and they will have us as their own.  For this I am grateful. In this world of right and wrong and good and bad and yes and no…I have a child – and his partner, who think we are fine.
I feel fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment