Pages

Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2011

... Off the Couch?

She wants to know when we are going to get off the couch. “Soon”, I tell her. But even as I tell her that soon we will get up off the couch and go outside to the beautiful sunny garden or the shady porch, I know that it is Saturday – Shabbas for some…and I will not move.

She’ll get up and open the windows and the shutters. The wind will blow in from the screen door…The birds will make so much noising it’ll sound like the philharmonic is at the door. ...Ahhh…peace.

I love my weekends. Saturday…Sunday…even Friday has a sweet ring to it when it falls after Thursday, which has followed a very long and excruciating Wednesday. We wake up on Saturday – I go and do my rituals and return to the bed of my love, where I promptly and without any hesitation whatsoever, fall into a deep sleep. The afternoon will be half over, and the sun will be hanging low in the sky before I roll myself out of bed and on to the couch. “So, nu? When are we going to get off the couch?” She says this not more than slightly irritated.

“Oh? You want to do something, go somewhere?” As I say this, I am thinking faster than she could know, OK. She’s thinking of something for us to do. Maybe she’ll bring up a walk or something. Oh God, not a walk. Can’t she see that all I want to do is sit here and sit here and sit here? Maybe drink a beer. ..and watch some scifi…or a movie, even one of her movies….But please, all I want to do is sit HERE. Right here…here and…

She’s still got that look on her face – and she’s talking. -Shit, I’ve missed something. Hopefully I haven’ already agreed to go for a walk, or to the beach, or to visit some friends we haven’t seen for ages – or at least a couple of weeks. Then she’s quite. She gets up and leaves the room. Are you angry at me?

“Think again.” She says. As she returns to the living room, as she turns to me, still sitting on the couch she hands me a beer and the remote control…’or I could read to you.”

Wow. I am lucky. She gets me. She knows that this is it. This is all I want from my weekend. This is all I really want from my life. Right now…Yeah…I know for certain and beyond any doubt in the world that I am the luckiest being alive. In this moment, this very second, I’ve got my bliss. I’ve got all that I’ve ever wanted both past and present. I am who and what I want to be…Yeah to us and many more just like us. ‘Yea’ for the lesbosonthecouch….

2 comments:

  1. I loved it ...so true to reality
    When I asked you "When are we going to get off the couch? I also meant when in the blog will you write about our life as lesbos in the world...out of the house...maybe even away from home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to have found your blog...i am also a lesbian, married blogger.
    looking forward to reading more. :-)

    ReplyDelete