Pages

Translate

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A little bitchin' is good for the soul...

I sit here at my desk at work-  I think I want what everybody wants. Every birthday wish for the past 48 years was for Health Wealth and Happiness. Sometimes some Wisdom was thrown in for apparent good measure. So, here I am, nearing my 49th birthday. Praise the Lord, I am Healthy – and believe me, I am not selling Health short. I am full on aware that without the Health the rest doesn't really matter. So, after 49 nears, half a life time – or maybe more, but who can count- I am Healthy (rather round, but healthy), again, praise the Lord...And Happiness...well that comes and goes and comes and goes and...I guess what I really would like to know – WHERE THE HELL IS the WEALTHY?  I truly believe, and this is where the Wisdom comes in (and I thank those who wished me that, because hey, at least I believe that I have some of that...or how else would I know what I'm missing and to be thankful for the Healthy part!) So, all of you birthday and well wishers, "WHERE IS THE WEALTHY?"

Come on, you all know that with the wealthy the happiness comes easier. And with the wealth it is also easier to deal with the 'not happiness' and the waning wisdom that comes with age (yes, I can plainly see that while in some area I get wiser, in others, just plain dumb)...Seriously. I would welcome some answers.

I don't mean to complain. I have love – both to give and get. I have the GREATEST love, in my wife. I have a job that I really enjoy (except for the part when I have to actually move my rather large butt out of the house to get there). And yes, except for the fat butt, the beer belly, the failing eyesight, the gas (oh come on, you know what I mean), the regular sagging of age (again, you know), etc...But hey, I want to hear from you bright and wise people out there...where and when is the wealth?

H, so I should stop complaining, heh... Ok, you are right...but this is the way I feel..

So, in between the laughter and the giggles I continue to write. Sometimes to complain and bitch and mone and sometimes to share the fun...My wife and I - We are the LesbosOntheCouch...

6 comments:

  1. As I write this I am sitting in my home on my couch next to my wife. Therefore, I am the wealthiest woman in the world. The Wealth is in the love that you give and receive. I wont be devastated if next month I have less money in my bank account (which is pretty much a sure thing)but would be devastated if my wife was no longer on the couch next to me.

    Keep on writing as we look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, most people think they lack wealth. People get accustomed to having what they have and think they should have more. Maybe you should (OK, I think you should), but appreciate what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well written,entertaining and a lot of reality...keep it coming love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. love lesbos on the couch very well written and very real but totally entertaining,thanks for sharing hope to hear more........Tami Marino

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wealth really is relative and the lord gives us what we need but we do complain about the "bills", and we compare and contrast ourselves to different people. I enjoyed the latest entry about your first half of your life and your major life directional change. While you mentioned that some people took their chosen path earlier it occurred for you when the time was right. Everything happens in due time when it is right.

    The warmth you vividly described that occurs from spring to summer made me think of of the golden yellow Tuscan sun, and I visualized the Mediterranean Sea. I imagine Israel is a beautiful place and i want to visit someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago I took a four-session Positive Thinking...course, or *chug*, I forget what. I came out of it with two mantras: "השפע זורם" and "היקום דואג לי". Don't know how to expain it, but the abundance is there...

    ReplyDelete