Pages

Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Rescinded~~LesbosOnTheCouch to be Recognized, Part I and 3/4

LesbosOnTheCouch by Beth C, one of the Lesbos



So…my Love and I, that is to say, my Wife and I went today to the Internal Ministry to get registered as married on our identification papers.  There is a bit more paper work than we originally thought. We need to get an Atilis or and Atalit or was it an Astelles or A Stella or maybe it was an Apostle?  – No it was an Apostille… What? That's right, an apostille. An apostille is a certification issued by the legal authorities of a state certifying that a document issued by the state is official, authentic and issued by the legal authorities.

Isn't that amazing? – we are able to get recognized as married in the State of Israel…I am amazed…after all, people love to tell us that we live in a backward,  third world country…but when it comes to us LesbosOnTheCouch, we are able to be who we are.
I have to admit it was a bit frustrating not being able to get it done on the spot and finding out we do have to go and get some more paper work done…but it can be done and it will be done. We are accepted here.

Whew--- I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't accepted. Truly, after reading about all the struggles around the world to be accepted…I am relieved that I live in a place where I can be me.
I guess I don't have much to say today. It was a hard week around the world…although it is a cliché – a little love and acceptance goes a very long way. And guns--- wouldn't be necessary if we could all remember to love.- But there are others who have said it so much better...

"All the particles of the World are in Love and looking for Lovers."
~Rumi
"In the blackest of your moments, wait with no fear."
~Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment