Pages

Translate

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spencer Tunick and the not so lost boobies....

LesbosOnTheCouch by Beth C, one of the Lesbos

Spancer Tunick and the not so lost boobies….
What a way to start the night…Slide show with pictures, dark dark pub…I am completely out of my elementSuzanna – blimey, I take you literally!...
I leave work early…and go to friends and we take a cab. The Cabby is nice enough. Can you turn on the light a minute? I want to look up the address of our destination.  As we are driving, nice Cabby opens his car door – that is one way to get some light on the situation, as we speed down the main road into the city…Ahh…I’ve got the address, Dog and Cat is where we are off to…Dog and Cat it is….or something like that…Dog, cat, hat, no hat, no hat, Naked Dead Sea, no hat, no jacket…It is a warm night anyway.
We get there – and somehow we are on the wrong side of the entrance door…In another dimension this means that we are actually at the exit…and can’t get in…outside…walk around the block….noisy ….loud….dark….very dark…FOUND the place and the entrance into darkness….down the stairs….down…down…down.
Enter…
On a giant banner screen on one wall of the bar it flashes, Spancer Tunick…yep, that’s it! Spancer must be so proud to be among the greats; Mickel Jeckson and Lincolon and sendwitchs!


…On another wall, pictures from ‘the shoot.’ And there they are ---MY BOOBIES… (and me, of course, attached to them there bobbing boobies…floating on top of the salty sea…the Sea of Salt…not a Dead Sea at all…How could a sea of bodies – boobies and bushes; flat and full, thin and thick, bendy and stiff, soft and hard, young and old, smooth and wrinkled, blonde, brunette, black, grey and white…how could anyone say that this is a DEAD Sea...)
And then there is the obligatory bar – party is a party is a party is a party equals booze…what else does one mix with boobies – especially MY BOOBIES…Bobbing, floating, alive in the not Dead Sea of salt…and life that was….Life that was…
We all make choices…all of our life is really a series of choices that lead to experiences that lead to more choices that lead to more experiences that lead to more choices…
And that is why I am here. That is how I got to be so lucky…There is no such thing as luck. Did you all know that? There is no such thing as luck…It is true, I got the gift of boobies and not so big bush…But I did not have to put it out there. I could have stayed at home and hid it all…I could choose to stay at home and sleep the sleep of heavenly bliss and never know the excitement, the awe and the wondrousness of having put it all out there with all of those other amazing people and that phenomenal artist…photographing the world…changing the power, the view, changing the world. But it was not luck that sent me out there…It is not luck that has me sit here and write about it today…It is a gift. It is a choice to accept that gift.
It is a gift. It is a choice to accept that gift. And for today at least, I chose to accept that lift. (And I thank you Suzanna for showing me…)


1 comment:

  1. It was just as well that I had the book I picked up at
    Haneda with me to rеаd, for I waѕ still in no mooԁ to bе drаwn іnto a conversation with anyonе just then.

    'This fucking thing and me were going to become quite acquainted on the roads over the coming weeks. Stage 1 began in Cape Soya in Hokkaido in the summer of 2009, and ended in Noshiro City in Akita Prefecture seven weeks later.

    Also visit my web blog :: kinky

    ReplyDelete